Saturday, May 14, 2011

There's always a first time for everything!

Word to the young: when you search for that special person in your life, look for someone who pushes you out of your comfort zone. Thankfully for me, I have Annie Nicholson.

Today, I ran my first 10K. I've done some shorter runs, but this was my first longer run (I say longer because in the grand scheme, 6.2mi isn't that long). Earlier this semester I toyed with the idea of doing it, but I hated running. I went back and forth with the idea for a while and Annie kept encouraging me to run. Finally I decided to sign up....and I loved it! The weather was ugly this morning, but I must say that the rain felt good throughout the race. It was really nice to compete in something again too. It's been a while since I've done any type of competitive sport.


After the run there was another first: we went to Gaia. Now you might think, "hmm okay, what does that mean?" Well, Annie eats healthier than me and my impression of Gaia prior to today was that it was a hippy vegan restaurant with small portions that wouldn't fill me. Boy was I wrong! (God loves doing this to me to keep my pride in check.) The meal was delicious.

Before I go I have one more thing to add: if you know me, you know that I love to find new hobbies, especially expensive ones that allow me to buy cool gear. After today's 10K today, I think I'm hooked. So what's next? Let's just say that instead of studying for this evening's Spanish final, I've been searching for sprint triathlon/duathlons later this summer. Let's see if this happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment