"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."-Matthew 6:34
I am a worrier and for me, I need to ponder this verse every morning. Its crazy how much I let myself worry sometimes. I've recently descovered that I take my current situaiton and run with it! I'll come up with crazy scenarios of what I tihnk will come about of my situaiton in the future, only to find myself thinking the most ridiculos things. God is in control and we need to be "confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Phil. 1:6).
So why do I bring this up? Because I caught myself doing this just these past two weeks and the events that followed were God's way of bringing light on my foolishness. What happened? Well I started envisioning my future by mentally selecting my med school and thinking of all the things that would happen...yet as of now I have no idea where I will wind up. You see, it's funny because two weeks ago I thought I was going to Case Western Reserve University, but then my application was placed on hold. Shortly after I interviewed at Loyola and knew that where was I was supposed to be. My letter that I mentioned just came in...alternate list. After those two schools fell through, I started thinking about the University of Cincinnati a lot and began to feel super good about it; a 3rd year student called me over the weekend and I really appreciated that. As I was thinking about that, I began to rule out Oakland. Then the unexpected happened, I got a call from Oakland and they offered me scholarship worth almost half the cost of tuition. (While there are tons of scholarships for undergrad, there are barely any for medical school. I think the thought is that doctors will make money, so we don't need to help them pay for their education. From the schools I've visited, most seem to offer 5-10 large scholarship to their class of 150 or so students...that's not many.)
So now I have no idea what is going to happen, but I'm thankful that the One who is alongside me does.
No comments:
Post a Comment