Sunday, April 10, 2011

You do what you have to do

It is an amazingly beautiful day today. Just a few days ago it was raining and cold, now its 80 degrees and sunny! And what am I doing? I'm sitting in Starbucks reading about triacylglycerol synthesis...fun. As I was reading I looked outside and saw all these people walking/running/biking and enjoying the day and I asked myself, "why am I doing this? Its gorgeous out and I'm sitting inside studying." To make it even harder, I probably could get away with not doing my work for today; I'm doing fine in my classes, I've been accepted into med school, and I'm almost done with college. Yet I keep going. And to be honest, I don't know why. I guess this is how I am wired; I love to learn and I want to be the best at what I do. I just keep telling myself that in a week/month/year, I wont remember how nice of a day it was. My hope is, however, that I'll know and remember this science stuff though. And so I head back to my biochemistry book and let the beautiful day pass on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment